Monday, March 8, 2010

'And she acts like one too'

It seems like my birthdays keep getting closer and closer together. For the past 3 years I have been absolutely mystified by how fast the year seems to go by! Since Len worked that Saturday, Shonnah and Dan were sweet enough to let me tag along with them and celebrate. And then we had a little birthday dinner Sunday evening at Ozona's with Amanda and Blake. The weekend was fun, but I was feeling pretty sorry for myself and kept thinking....'I didn't even get any cake and ice cream'. [I know....call out the Waaaaaahhmbulance]. And like I really even needed cake and ice cream.

So the next weekend, Len and I had a free weekend so we packed up and went to Lazbuddie to see my parents. As soon as we walked in the door there was a delicious smell of something baking filling the house. My mom had stayed up late to 1) wait on us to get there and 2) to make me a birthday cake!!!! My sweet mom had made me a strawberry cake (my favorite!) So the next day we invited Mawmaw out for cake and ice cream. Mom put candles on the cake and sang me Happy Birthday and made me blow them out and everything! It was really sweet. Thanks mom for still making me feel special on my birthday even at 26 years old :).



I got this package in the mail from Miss Nancy!

Len was so proud of the fishing pole that he got me! I can't tell you much about it, except he kept saying it was better than the one he had. So, I am fully equipped to catch some major fish this summer with my 'big girl' fishing pole, my hot pink wading belt, matching hat and fishing shirt, and duh, Gulp! bait.
Haha! Couldn't resist. Thanks for taking me out to celebrate!


I wish I had a picture of my very own, home-made, strawberry birthday cake. It was phenomenal. Probably the best cake ever. Mmmm.....






2 comments:

  1. awwww love moms. glad you had a great birthday! love you bf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet momma! Love some strawberry cake. Glad you got to have a special bday celebration late and so jealous that it got to be at home.

    ReplyDelete