Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ready to Run

Well, I finally talked my big bro into running a 1/2 marathon with me. We both ran in the Innaugural Dallas Rock in Roll 1/2 marathon. A little background on this particular race series, they have them all over. There is one in Vegas, Nashville, Denver, San Diego, and San Antonio (to name a few). It is called the Rock and Roll series because there are various bands and musicians along the course, and then usually a big concert afterwards.

I ran the one in San Antonio in November, which is how I think I finally convinced Seth to do it. He and Len had the pleasure of getting up at 5 a.m., taking me and dropping me at the start line, and then waiting around for the race to start at 8, and then for me to finish two hours later. I think after all that he decided he should have just run the stupid thing with me :).


Picking up our packages at Dallas City Hall Saturday afternoon.


5 a.m. on race day (which was really 4 a.m. thanks to the time change). We were both tired and a little nervous. And poor Len is taking the pictures and playing taxi all by himself since Seth is now a participant. Maybe he'll decide to run the next one :).

Nearing the end. So happy that the end is in site. At this point all of the spectators are telling us 'the finish line is just around the corner', 'you've almost got it', 'you're almost there'.

Still searching for the finish line.....




We did it! Here we are enjoying our post race carb load and painkiller.


Thanks so much Seth for running with me!!!! It made the experience 100% more pleasant, and it was so fun to get to high five my big bro after crossing the finish line.
We are thinking it would be a neat experience to hit up the one in Vegas or Nashville if anyone is interested!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I'm so proud of you :) I wish I was already in shape to run a half...thinking about training to get to that point makes me verrrry tired. If I can ever get off my butt, I'd LOVE to run one with you!! Maybe this will be my motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you guys!! So proud of you, know it's not easy and takes lots of discipline. If I lived closer and had a running buddy I might think about taking you up on one but think I might be getting too old. Thanks for sharing your pics and still impressed you talked Seth into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww so proud of both of ya'll. I am glad ya'll got to do this together! Ya'll look GOOD! Don't expect me to ever do this, I pretty much would have died after one mile. Good for ya'll!

    ReplyDelete